Genuine green gem in the heart of the village, this natural little piece of heaven is classified Remarkable Garden by the ministry of Culture and Communication.
Breathe, admire, swallow, touch, listen
You 5 senses are awake !
This labyrinth of arbors and faded apple trees marks out the small appealing gardens where plants and flowers all match to your five senses. Among more than 1300 varieties of plants, you’ll able for instance to :
- Touch from the back of your hand the soft the Primula Auricula through Touch
- Contemplate the deep blue of the clematises in the square of Sight
- Inhale the perfume of a “pineapple” sage in the square of Smelling
- Rediscover the savors of the “homemade jams” of your childhood with the fruits and vegetables of Taste
- Close your eyes and let the singing of birds soothe you as well as the lapping of the fountains: Hearing is everywhere.
You’ve taken some beautiful pictures of the Labyrinth and the village of Yvoire?
Your visit of the Gardens of Yvoire
Meet the gardeners
During your visit, you’ll be able to meet and ask questions to the gardeners. They take care of the labyrinth every day and they will also advise you and inform you while sharing their joy and their savoir-faire in botany.
A medial inspired creation
Loyal to the spirit of the village, the Garden of Five Senses is inspired by medieval gardens. In Middle Age, gardens were above all useful spaces used for eating and healing through medicinal plants.
The gardens in the castle were a source of pleasure and lounging; preserved behind walls, they were the symbol of the Garden of Eden. Very symbolic flowers were to be found like lilies, columbines and roses…
Take your time to discover everything. Visit for at least an hour if you want to enjoy fully. Take the time to observe, to dream while respecting the motto of all gardeners: Festina lente (Hurry slowly).
Pictures of Yvoire’s Garden of Five Senses
TOP 10 of Yvoire – Table of contents
- Awaken your 5 senses in a remarkable garden in the heart of Yvoire
- Take pictures of Yvoire castle
- Defend Yvoire: fortified medieval village
- Take a walk among flowers and old rocks
- Enjoy the view of Lake Geneva
- Take off and discover Yvoire from the lake
- Take a moment to meditate in Saint Pancras church in Yvoire
- Immerse yourself in the history of the medieval village of Yvoire
- Enjoy the delicious local specialities
- Walk up to La Chataîgnière – the Domaine de Rovorée